Imagine having an experienced naturalist and guide alongside your favorite hikes, walks or explorations of favorite natural areas. What more could you learn? What are currently missing? How could you connect even deeper with nature? As a Registered Maine Guide (Recreational & Hunting Classifications) I offer year-round guiding services for individuals or small groups. Our adventure can take place either your favorite or one of Dan’s special places. Some themes you might enjoy include:
- Beyond Birding: learn how speak the language of the birds and interpret behavior while adding to your life list.
- Tracking the Wild: learn how to tune into tracks and sign of common and uncommon wildlife all around us.
- Gateway to Wild Foods: learn how to get started safely into the world of foraging with a thoughtful guide.
- Custom Content: do you have a special interest? Foraging? Tidepooling? Alpine Hiking? Snowshoeing? Trail Running? Contact Dan About Guiding here to set up a time to talk about your ideas.
Hunting Guide Services
Are you looking to add local, wild game to your diet? Maybe you didn’t grow up in a hunting household and need guidance in learning how to get started. My hunting guide services include:
- New Hunter Orientation: are you an adult-onset hunter? Via coaching calls and/or field visits, I can help you navigate your way towards becoming a hunter, including: legal requirements, wildlife natural history, choosing a weapon, scouting techniques, hunting tactics, game processing, etc.
- After the Hunt: maybe you know to hunt a deer, but are still sending it to a butcher. Learn how to store, age, skin, butcher and utilize most parts of your harvest on your own with helpful guidance.
- Guided Hunts: For those interested in a more traditional guided hunt for whitetail deer, wild turkey or small game (e.g. grey squirrel), or goose (dry land) please click the button below.