When you work with Lead with Nature, you support the following values:
- CURIOSITY. Wonder and an open mind make space for change in our lives, our businesses and our communities.
- CONNECTIONS. We truly ARE our connections. Our connections to other people, other species and to specific places are what make us all unique. Connections result in diversity and strength.
- EQUITY & ACCESS*. Not enough people are able to access and benefit from nature. Lead with Nature selects and donates consulting services to a nonprofit that brings nature to those with the highest need.
- CONSERVATION** . As keystone species on planet earth, humanity has a responsibility to tend and caretaker to the earth’s resources to ensure a rich future for generations to come.
- RECIPROCITY. Lead with Nature works to support the protection and restoration of vulnerable human & wildlife communities.
*Equity & Access – in 2020, Dan Gardoqui & Lead with Nature donated consulting services and made financial contributions to support the vital work of Backyard Basecamp – an amazing nonprofit Inspiring Black, Indigenous, and all People of Color (BIPOC) across Baltimore City to find nature where they are and empowering them to explore further.
**What Do I Mean by “Conservation”? Conservation is the mindful management of nature and of Earth’s biodiversity with the aim of protecting species, their habitats, and ecosystems from excessive rates of extinction and the erosion of biotic interactions. Might this definition be fraught with inherent bias, arrogance (e.g. “Human know what’s best for the earth”), etc.? Probably…AND, as a species on this planet with the power to make ecosystem-wide changes (for better or worse), I believe it’s our duty to use that power for positive changes.